Customer Complaints and Services Unit
Calle Princesa, 25
Edificio Hexágono, 2ª planta
28002 – Madrid
Fax: 91 759 48 36
Complaints may be submitted in writing pursuant to the Santander Group Customer Services and Protection Unit Regulations.
Customer Protection Office
D. José Luis Gómez-Dégano y Ceballos-Zuñiga
Apartado de Correos 14019
Fax: 91 429 23 19
An independent body used by the Santander Group for you to submit your complaints pursuant to the Santander Group Customer Services and Protection Unit Regulations.
When the complaint has been submitted to the Customer Services and Protection Unit or the Customer Protection Office, if the reply does not prove satisfactory, or two months have elapsed following submission of the complaint and no reply has been received, Customers may approach the following Financial Supervisor Complaints Services, depending on the issue involved, downloading and completing the forms to do so:
- Bank of Spain Complaints Services Calle Alcalá 48, 28014 Madrid.
- CNMV Investor Services Office Calle Edison 4, 28006 Madrid.
- Department of Insurance and Pension Funds Complaints Service Paseo de la Castellana 44, 28046 Madrid.
Before availing themselves of these services, regulations stipulate that customers must first have approached the Customer Services and Protection Unit or the Customer Protection Office.
Autonomous Communities requiring Credit Institutions with branches in their territory to have Complaint Forms available to consumers and users:
- Canary Islands.
- Castilla-La Mancha.
- Balearic Islands.
- Basque Country.
Phone number for Complaints/Incidents: 900 811 088.
Regulations concerning S3 services, by categories, governing the transparency of banking operations and customer protection:
Customer services and protection unit:
- Law 44/2002 of 22 November on measures for the reform of the financial system, amended by Sustainable Economy Law 2/2011 of 4 March.
- Order ECO/734/2004 of 11 March (published in the Official State Journal on 24 March) on customer services and protection units at credit institutions.
- Order ECC/2502/2012 of 16 November regulating the procedure for submission of complaints to the complaints service of the Bank of Spain, the CNMV and the Department of Insurance and Pension Funds.
Transparency of operations and customer protection, and further consumer protection regulations:
- Spanish Ministry of Finance Order EHA/2899/2011 of 28 October (published in the Official State Journal on 29 October) on transparency and protection of banking services customers.
- Law 22/2007 of 11 July on remote sale of financial services to consumers.
- Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 of 16 November approving the revised General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users and other related regulations.
General conditions of contracts:
- Law 7/1998 of 13 April on the general conditions of contracts.
- Spanish Ministry of Finance Order EHA/1718/2010 of 11 June (published in the Official State Journal on 29 June) on regulation and control of advertising of banking services and products, implemented by Bank of Spain Circular 6/2010 of 28 September (published in the Official State Journal on 11 October) to credit institutions and payment companies concerning the advertising of banking services and products. Spanish Ministry of Finance Order EHA/1717/2010 of 11 June (published in the Official State Journal on 29 June) on regulation and control of advertising of investment services and products.
- Decree 123/2008 of 1 July by the Basque Country’s Department of Culture and the Department of Industry, Trade and Tourism (published in the Basque Country’s Official Journal on 16 July) on the linguistic rights of consumers and users.
- Law 22/2010 of 20 July by the Catalan Parliament (published in the Catalan Official Journal on 23 July) on the Catalan Consumer Code.
- Royal Legislative Decree 16/2011 of 14 October (published in the Official State Journal on 15 October) creating the Credit Institutions’ Deposit Guarantee Fund and Spanish Ministry of Finance Royal Decree 628/2010 of 14 May (published in the Official State Journal on 3 June) amending Royal Decree 2606/1996 of 20 December (published in the Official State Journal on 21 December) on deposit guarantee funds at credit institutions and Royal Decree 948/2001 of 3 August (published in the Official State Journal on 4 August), on investor compensation systems.
- Royal Legislative Decree 4/2015 of 23 October approving the revised General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users and other related regulations.
- Spanish Ministry of Finance Royal Decree 217/2008 of 15 February (published in the Official State Journal on 16 February) on the legal system for investment services companies and other companies providing investment services, partially amending Law 35/2003 of 4 November on Collective Investment Institutions, approved by Royal Decree 1309/2005 of 4 November, implemented by Spanish Ministry of Finance Order EHA/ 1665/2010 of 11 June (published in the Official State Journal on 23 June) on standard contracts and rates.
- CNMV Circular 7/2011 of 12 December on the information leaflet on rates and the content of standard contracts.